This month, elite distance runners and #bigspoonrunning ambassadors Raleigh Distance Project have done it again! They’ve created an irresistible recipe using our handmade nut butters, perfect for fueling for a run (or just treating yourself to something tasty)!
From the RDP:
This gluten-free banana bread, featuring Big Spoon Roasters Maple Cinnamon Nut Butter, makes for a perfect pre-run snack. Bananas are an easy to digest carb that the body craves for energy. The potassium in bananas is also good for preventing muscle cramps. Paired with the healthy fats in Big Spoon’s handcrafted nut butters, this bread is good for sustained energy!
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 cup quick oats or rolled oats (gluten-free if needed)
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice (or 1 tbsp cinnamon, ¼ tsp nutmeg, ¼ tsp allspice)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup Big Spoon Maple Cinnamon Nut Butter
- 3 mashed ripe bananas
- 2 eggs (for vegan: 2 tbsp ground flaxseed with 6 tbsp water – let sit 5-10 min)
- ½ cup unsweetened cashew milk
- OPTIONAL: dark chocolate chips (¼ cup + 2 tbsp)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and oil a 9 x 5 bread pan – set aside.
2. In a high powered blender or food processor, grind oats into flour.
3. In a large bowl add the oats and the remainder of the dry ingredients. Whisk until well
4. In a separate medium sized bowl, mash the bananas and then add the remainder of the wet
ingredients. Stir well until combined.
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well until fully combined and there are no lumps.
6. If you are using the chocolate chips, fold them into the batter until dispersed well.
7. Pour batter into bread pan and bake about 30-40 min. The bread is done when the edges and
top begin to brown and the top springs back.
8. Let cool before serving. Top with additional Big Spoon Roasters nut butter if desired!