We don’t mean to brag, but we have some pretty talented folks working here at Big Spoon HQ. Perfect example: Amber Milton. Amber joined our nut butter production team in 2017 and has been owning the nut mill ever since. When she’s not hand-making nut butters, she’s a busy wife and mother of one (with another on the way!). Somehow she also finds time to bake and share her goods with our (very grateful) team. It’s a happy day when you walk into the breakroom to find one of Amber’s homemade treats on the table.
Amber’s most recent concoction, these incredibly decadent Triple Chocolate Gluten Free Almond Brownies, were inspired by her daughter Jade, who after eating a big scoop of our Almond Butter with Wildflower Honey & Sea Salt dropped the spoon into the brownie batter. This sparked an idea – why not add some of the nut butter into the brownie mix. And thus, this incredible recipe was born. After several test batches that we very willingly taste-tested, Amber landed on the perfect recipe.
⅔ cup Bob’s Red Mill Almond Flour
¼ cup Bob’s Red Mill 1-1 Gluten Free Flour
½ tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
½ cup dutch cocoa powder
½ cup coconut oil
½ cup butter
1½ cup dark chocolate chunks
3 large eggs (room temp)
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp almond milk
1 cup coconut sugar
1 jar Big Spoon Roasters Almond Butter with Wildflower Honey & Sea Salt
1 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Melt butter and cool to room temp.
- In large mixing bowl add dutch cocoa and room temp butter. Mix until combined.
- Add 1 tsp vanilla extract and coconut sugar. Mix.
- In medium-sized bowl add the rest of dry ingredients and mix together. Set aside
- Crack eggs into separate bowl and let them reach room temp.
- In small saucepan melt one cup of chocolate chunks and ½ cup of coconut oil.
- Pour ½ of the melted chocolate into the dutch cocoa mixture and mix well. Set remainder aside for almond butter chocolate ganache frosting.
- Add ½ jar of Almond Butter
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing until combined.
- Fold the dry ingredients into brownie mixture in 3 equal parts.
- Add ½ cup chocolate chunks and ½ cup of the coarsely chopped almonds into brownie mixture and fold in.
- Line with parchment and lightly grease an 8×8 baking pan.
- Pour brownie mixture into pan.
- Bake 24-27 minutes.
- Let cool and add Chocolate Almond Butter Ganache Frosting.
- Top with remaining ½ cup coarsely chopped almonds.
Chocolate Almond Butter Frosting Directions:
- Add the remainder of the Almond Butter to the remainder of the melted chocolate mixture. Stir together.
- Add 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add 2 tbls almond milk
- Mix until smooth