“Happiness quite unshared can scarcely be called happiness; it has no taste.” –
Looking for a creative way to enjoy your AB&J and share with friends and family? Try this recipe from our May Featured Jam maker Mrs. Ruth for Mission Almond Butter + Balsamic Strawberry Jam Pop Tarts! It’s quick, easy, and delicious.
1 refrigerated dough pie crust
3 tablespoons Big Spoon Roasters Mission Almond Butter (may use more to taste)
1/3 cup Mrs. Ruth’s Jams Balsamic Strawberry jam
1/4 cup chocolate chips (or may use white chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Unroll pie crust onto parchment paper. If thinner crust is desired, roll dough with rolling pin.
- Use cookie/biscuit cutter to cut an even number of round crusts (leftover dough may be combined and rolled again). Suggest 2 1/2” or 3” diameter cutter. Place rounds on parchment paper on cookie sheet.
- Place 1 teaspoon (or more to taste) of Big Spoon Roasters almond butter on 1/2 of the rounds.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of Mrs. Ruth’s Balsamic Strawberry jam on top of the almond butter
- Place 3-4 chocolate chips on top of the jam & almond butter
- Cover with dough round & press with fingers or fork to seal edges. Slightly prick top of round with fork.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 min until golden brown (check periodically as oven temps may vary)
Enjoy while warm and gooey! Yummy!