Big Spoon Roasters seeks an enterprising and experienced Director of Sales. Reporting to the Founder & President, this new leadership position will be responsible for developing and executing our national sales strategy, sales infrastructure, and national distribution framework. Fundamental duties will include managing our selling deck, category review timing, distributor relationships, retailer meetings, trade and promo calendar, and sales-related budgeting. He/she will also be responsible for the engagement and management of broker and field marketing teams. This hands-on role requires a leader with excellent communication skills who is comfortable managing others and working in a dynamic small business atmosphere. Core values must include positivity, integrity, and exceptional customer service. He/she must show initiative in every facet of the job and be performance driven. She/he not only loves the culture of handmade natural foods but actively contributes to it. Commitments to quality, sustainability, and good nutrition are not things she/he just reads about, but something he/she lives.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Responsible for scheduling, preparing for, and presenting new item/retailer presentations and category reviews
• Work directly with Founder & President to develop sales strategy, presentations, pricing, forecasts
• Source, interview, onboard, and ultimately manage broker networks to help achieve the company’s sales goals
• Responsible for all sales including retail, foodservice, and online channels
• Work with Founder & President and Director of Operations to define and track results-driven tradeshow budget
• Manage internal Big Spoon Roasters Field Representative team, which handles execution of in-store promo and demo efforts through part-time staff and 3rd party vendors
• Build brand into category leader in key existing placements
• Work with Big Spoon Roasters team to build out 3-5-year budget model and refine external facing deck
• Strong Google Apps, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint capabilities
• Employee and broker management experience
• Key sales relationship management experience
• Strong data analysis skills
• Demonstrated sales management success in natural and/or specialty food channels
• Monthly gym/wellness reimbursement
• Annual local food CSA reimbursement
• Cell phone service
• Free BSR products and employee discount
• Health, Dental & Vision Coverage after 90 days
• Paid Vacation and Holidays
• Matching contributions to retirement fund
About Big Spoon Roasters
Big Spoon Roasters makes handcrafted nut butters and snack bars from scratch in Durham, NC. Our world-class ingredients are sourced directly from local and like-minded producers who share our dedication to authentic quality and sustainability. Our promise: To make the most delicious foods possible without compromise, setting the highest standards for integrity, flavor, and freshness in the process.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and celebrate our employees’ diversity, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, familial or Veteran status. Diversity makes us better.
To Apply: Email resume and cover letter to Mark Overbay at firstname.lastname@example.org.