Big Spoon Roasters makes handcrafted nut butters and snack bars from scratch in Durham, NC. Our world-class ingredients are sourced directly from local and like-minded producers who share our dedication to authentic quality and sustainability. Our promise: To make the most delicious foods possible without compromise, setting the highest standards for integrity, flavor, and freshness in the process.
The Inside Sales & Customer Service Representative is responsible for increasing sales within Big Spoon Roasters’ existing sales channels. This position will be directed by the Founder & President and will be accountable for hitting all stated sales goals in the timeframe provided by an organized annual sales plan. This position will also work effectively with others in the organization to ensure an exceptional level of service with all accounts and customer interactions. Ideal candidates must have not only a strong business skill set but also a thorough knowledge of the natural and/or specialty food industry.
Wholesale Sales & Customer Management (75% time)
- Provide excellent and prompt customer service our diverse roster of wholesale partners
- Conduct sales analysis of each channel (i.e., by broker, account, product line, sales program) to proactively identify and act upon trends and opportunities to increase sales opportunities
- Conduct sales calls per sales plan to meet goals (i.e. upsell opportunity based on the selling season, introduction of new products or promotional opportunities, etc.)
- Develop and maintain relationships to help increase sales and meet territory goals by providing proactive service (i.e. receipt of new catalog, receipt status of shipment), introduction of new products and marketing/merchandise suggestions
- Manage submission calendars for grocery / larger accounts
- Process incoming wholesale orders in our custom ordering system, ensuring order accuracy
- Manage relationships with wholesale software provider, including in-app troubleshooting
- Work closely with the purchasing, order management, distribution, and logistics teams to improve upon the order initiation and fulfillment process
- Follow up with brokers and/or wholesale customers on pending issues
- Process sales leads into CRM system e.g. from trade shows, prospecting or online requests with the objective of converting new leads into wholesale customers
- Maintain and run reports to track new customers and relevant sales data
- Proactively manage customer inquiries and provide solutions to issues, e.g. incorrect items received, damaged shipment shipping costs, shelf life, etc.
- Keep customers informed about order irregularities or out of stock items, offering substitutes where available
- Support participation in regional trade shows and customer demonstrations
- Manage customer feedback in order to centralize wholesale product and service inquiries
- Manage firstname.lastname@example.org inbox and ensure inquiries go to the right internal person
E-Commerce / Retail (25% time)
- Process e-commerce orders
- Manage international and expedited shipping requests
- E-commerce app troubleshooting
- Manage customer discount codes
- Management of e-commerce customer support and communication regarding orders
- Manage all refund and replacement requests
- Manage primary Big Spoon Roasters office phone line and ensure messages go to the right internal people.
Other projects or tasks assigned by sales manager as needed.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience with 3+ years sales experience, preferably in consumer goods market (could include prior customer service experience with strong sales focus)
- Strong desire to grow our business through increased sales and exemplary service
- Professional demeanor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Google Apps, etc), specifically spreadsheet applications using Excel and CRM applications
- Knowledge of Quickbooks a plus
- Passion for small-batch natural food and Big Spoon Roasters’ values
- Candidate must have all-hands-on-deck mentality and be a team player
- Willingness to continue education and learn new skills to improve performance
- Entrepreneurial spirit
Compensation & Benefits
– Salary of $40,000 annually
– Medical insurance reimbursement of up to 50% of group plan premiums
– Full Dental and Vision insurance coverage
– Wellness / Fitness membership reimbursement
– Local Food CSA reimbursement
– Matching IRA retirement plan contribution
– One 10oz jar of BSR nut butter per week
– Employee discount on BSR products
To apply please email cover letter and resumé to email@example.com.
Big Spoon Roasters provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.