Reports to: Mackenzie Props, Marketing & Communications Manager
Classification: Part-time, Internship, Unpaid + College Credit
Start Date: ASAP
About Big Spoon Roasters
Big Spoon Roasters makes handcrafted nut butters and snack bars from scratch in Durham, NC. Our world-class ingredients are sourced directly from local and like-minded producers who share our dedication to authentic quality and sustainability. Our promise: To make the most delicious foods possible without compromise, setting the highest standards for integrity, flavor, and freshness in the process.
About the Internship
We are a dynamic, growing natural/specialty food business looking for an enthusiastic intern to help our marketing team build our brand and introduce more people to our groundbreaking work in the nut butter and snack bar categories. While we have several specific needs, our internship program can be customized to the right candidate’s strengths and interests. Example focus areas include:
- Social media content creation, especially Instagram stories and Pinterest.
- Monitoring social channels and assisting with responses.
- Content creation for blog.
- Monthly newsletter content and layout.
- Keeping our online “Find Us” up to date.
- Tracking demo and event activity and creating data reports.
- Keeping newsletter subscriber list up to date.
- Assisting with in-house photo shoots.
- Reaching out to other brands about possible partnerships.
- Research and analytics – SEO, Facebook Pixel, email marketing, social media trends.
- Field marketing – representing Big Spoon Roasters at special events and demos.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excitement and willingness to learn.
- Self-driven willingness to take a task and run with it.
- Experience using Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter.
Interested? Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org that outlines why you’re a good fit and what excites you most about this position.