"In the cookie of life, friends are the chocolate chips." - Salman Rushdie
We can never say no to a warm chocolate chip cookie, and adding Crunchy Sorghum Peanut Butter and a sprinkle of flaky sea salt makes them that much more irresistable. These cookies are gluten-free and just as chewy and chocolatey as the classic, with added deliciousness of our peanutty crunch! The perfect dessert.
- 1 cup Crunchy Sorghum Peanut Butter
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup GF rolled oats
- ½ tsp. Baking soda
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix oats and baking soda and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together peanut butter, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla until combined.
- Mix in oats and baking soda until well-combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop rounded Tablespoons of dough onto parchment-lined baking sheet, approximately 2 inches apart.
- Flatten the top of each cookie slightly with a spoon or your palm.
- Bake cookies for 9-11 minutes or until the edges of cookies are golden brown. They will look slightly underdone but will bake a bit after removing from the oven.
- Sprinkle flaky sea salt on top of each cookie and cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes.
- Move to a wire rack and cool completely.
Recipe adapted from Ambitious Kitchen.