Me love poetry... and cookies! - Cookie Monster
I was lucky enough to marry into a family that bakes, and bakes well. My sister-in-law Chelsea's flourless peanut butter cookie recipe has been in regular rotation for a couple of years now, and I don't see that changing any time soon.
Exactly sweet enough, exactly salty enough, and exactly peanut buttery enough, these cookies are delicious on their own or, this time of year, perfect for mini ice cream sandwiches.
- One 10 oz jar Big Spoon Roasters Peanut Butter
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Mix all ingredients together in a mixer until well blended.
- Scoop into even-sized balls (well compacted - the dough is crumbly and a bit oily)
- Flatten each ball slightly with a fork (we make a cross-hatch).
- Bake on parchment paper at 350 degrees F for 11-12 minutes.
- Leave on the tray for at least five minutes after removing from oven (the bottoms should not burn) as they are delicate until slightly cooled.
- Make friends.