Part-Time Content Creator
Reports to: Marketing and Communications Manager and Co-Founder & President
Classification: Part-Time, Contract
ABOUT BIG SPOON ROASTERS
Big Spoon Roasters makes handcrafted nut butters and snack bars from scratch in Hillsborough, NC. Working with only the best possible ingredients sourced directly from local and like-minded producers, we have a mission to build a healthier relationship with our planet through delicious, nutritious foods made without compromise.
- Work with the marketing team to create custom video content for social media, e.g., Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, several times a month. Depending on the person’s skill set, this may expand to include still photography and animation.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to ensure correct and timely communication, especially around content deadlines and product needs, and set goals to grow brand awareness and loyalty
- Attend regularly scheduled meetings with Marketing and Communications Manager, Co-Founder & President to plan content and review content performance
- Maintain and act as a personal, authentic voice for the Big Spoon brand
- Proven photography and video production skills
- Genuine enthusiasm for the Big Spoon Roasters brand, mission, and values
- A solid understanding of social media trends, influencers, and how/when to integrate them with Big Spoon Roasters and our brand
- A strong understanding of the social media landscape and platforms including, but not limited to, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, and Pinterest
- Eagerness to increase brand awareness and customer loyalty through content, social media channels, and engagement
- Great communication and note-taking skills
- Ability to maintain and meet deadlines
- Ability to compile and edit video clips for Reels and TikTok
- Collaborative, creative spirit—we’re all team players and know that more ideas = better ideas! We value lots of input and creativity in everything we do!
- Eagerness to learn and try new things (even if they fail—we all learn from our mistakes!)
- Love/excitement for the artisan food space and industry
- Excitement for setting and meeting goals
- Previous social media experience (preferably in the food space)
- Professional Photography/Video experience
- Hours/wage subject to experience and availability
Big Spoon Roasters provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.