WAREHOUSE & FULFILLMENT TEAM MEMBER (SEASONAL)
Reports to: Operations Manager
Classification: Full-time, Hourly, Monday - Friday
Location: 500 Meadowlands Drive, Hillsborough, NC 27278
ABOUT BIG SPOON ROASTERS
Big Spoon Roasters makes handcrafted nut butters and snack bars from scratch in Durham, NC. Working with only the best possible ingredients sourced directly from local and like-minded producers, we have a mission to build a healthier relationship with our planet through delicious, nutritious foods made without compromise.
The Warehouse & Fulfillment team member contributes to all aspects of warehouse operations, including shipping & receiving, order fulfillment, packaging prep, material handling, cleaning, and maintenance. This position also assists the Production Team with food production, as needed. The ideal candidate has a background in warehouse operations, logistics, and/or food manufacturing with specific knowledge of shipping, receiving, freight, inventory control, and material organization.
This role requires a safety-minded, industrious, detail-oriented person with a strong work ethic, sharp organizational skills, computer literacy, creative problem-solving skills, positivity, and teamwork.
- Prepares packaging materials for daily production and fulfillment.
- Fills orders using a variety of different equipment and packaging configurations.
- Assists Warehouse & Shipping Team Lead in monitoring warehouse inventory for shortages, errors, and safety concerns.
- Performs Daily/weekly/monthly maintenance and cleaning of select production and warehouse equipment.
- Assists with contacting shipper(s) and arranging for pickup.
- Receives and logs inbound materials and files packing slips.
- Loads outbound materials onto trucks and freight vehicles.
- Operates and maintains forklift and other tools required for storage and fulfillment.
- Assists Production with various elements of food manufacturing.
- Excitement about the Big Spoon Roasters brand, values, and mission
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to make note of, and follow through with, verbal instructions
- Strong attention to detail, punctuality, and dependability
- Exceptionally clean personal hygiene
- Comfortable standing for long periods of time
- Able to lift 60 lbs. repeatedly during an 8-hour shift
- Proficiency in basic mathematical skills to include addition, subtraction, multiplication and fractions to be able to calculate square footage, etc.
- Ability to read a ruler to within 1/16 of an inch and accurately use a calculator to measure and calculate effectively
- Proficiency with computers and ability to learn new systems quickly
- Ability to be self-directed when needed, but comfortable taking direction and asking questions
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Personal integrity and kindness to others
- Positive attitude and a proactive approach to contributing to our collective success
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Starting hourly wage of $16/hour
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, wellness benefit, CSA benefit, and retirement benefit after successful 90-day review
- Quarterly profit-based bonuses
- Innovation Award and other performance-based bonuses
- One 13oz jar of Big Spoon Roasters nut butter per week
Big Spoon Roasters provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.