1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking a sheet with parchment paper.
2. Use 1/4 cup peanut butter to scoop 3/4 tsp portions and place onto prepared parchment paper. Create 12 small "dollops" like this. Place in freezer while you prepare the cookie dough!
3. In the bowl of stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, mix 1 cup peanut butter + the butter until smooth. Add in sugars and mix on medium speed about two minutes.
4. Add egg, vanilla, baking soda, and salt and mix just until combined, scraping down sides of the bowl.
5. Turn mixer to low, or use rubber scraper, and add in flour, stirring just until incorporated.
6. Remove your frozen dollops from the freezer and use this same baking sheet + parchment paper to portion out your dough.
7. Portion out the dough into little balls (about 3 tbsp). Make a little well in the center of each ball with your thumb. Scoop about 3/4 tsp of your preserves or jelly into the well of the dough, and top with frozen peanut butter dollops.
7. Form the dough into a ball carefully around the peanut butter and jam, sealing them into the dough.
8. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and tops start to crack just slightly.
9. Allow to cool (insides will be hot!), and enjoy!