Let’s make the perfect fall treat – the candy apple – even better with nut butter! This recipe is easy, beautiful, delicious... and so comfortingly nostalgic.
Enter, Peanut Butter Caramel Apples 😍
What you’ll need:
- 6 Granny Smith and/or McIntosh apples
- ½ cup Big Spoon Peanut Pecan Butter with Wildflower Honey
- ½ cup brown rice syrup, room temperature
- ¾ cup salted roasted peanuts, chopped, or sub your favorite toppings! We used shredded coconut, dark chocolate chunks, and granola.
What to do:
- Insert a rounded wooden stick into the stem end of each apple.
- In a small saucepan, combine the peanut butter and brown rice syrup; cook over low heat just until heated through. Remove from heat. (The mixture should fall from a fork in ribbons. If it seems stiff, stir in a little extra brown rice syrup.)
- Using a spoon, spread the peanut butter mixture over the apples. Sprinkle with peanuts or topping of choice; press lightly to adhere.
- Place apples on a cutting board or a tray lined with waxed paper and chill for at least 3 hours.
Recipe from @forksoverknives on IG.