We're admittedly more into treats than tricks, and these pumpkin chocolate chip muffin mummies are a perfect one for spooky season. They're vegan, perfectly sweet, and have a warm nuttiness from the addition of fragrant pumpkin pie spices and our Chai Spice Peanut & Almond Butter (but you can use any of our nut butters in this recipe—almond, peanut, and pecan-based work best!).
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- 6 Tbsp Chai Spice Peanut & Almond Butter (or any Big Spoon almond or peanut-based nut butter)
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups pumpkin puree
- ½ cup vegetable or (melted) coconut oil
- ¼ cup plant milk
- 2/3 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- ½ cup white chocolate chips (vegan, if needed!)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease your muffin tins
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1 ¾ cups flour, 1 tsp baking soda, 2 tsp ground cinnamon, ¼ tsp ground nutmeg, ¼ tsp ground ginger, and ¾ tsp sea salt until well-combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine 6 Tbsp Chai Spice Peanut & Almond Butter, ½ cup white sugar, ¾ cup packed brown sugar, and 1 ½ cups pumpkin puree until combined. After well-incorporated, whisk in ½ cup oil and ¼ cup plant milk until the mixture is smooth.
- Form a “well” in the middle of your dry ingredients and pour in wet ingredients. Fold in the wet ingredients until no streaks of flour remain but be careful not to overwork the mixture. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour about ½ cup batter into each part of the muffin tin. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into each muffin comes out mostly clean.
- Allow your muffins to cool almost completely in the pan before transferring them to a wire rack.
- In a bowl, microwave white chocolate chips in 20-second intervals until melted. When melted, drizzle in “mummy-like” stripes over the top of each muffin.
- Optional: Use cocoa nibs or chocolate chips as “eyes” for each mummy for extra fun!
Recipe adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction.