Picture this... ooey gooey marshmallow enrobed in decadent Peanut Pecan Butter cookie batter, baked to perfection... what more could you wish for?
Quick Bake Fluffernutter Cookies:
What you’ll need:
-1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
-⅛ tsp kosher salt
-½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
-1 cup Peanut Pecan Butter, divided
-½ cup light brown sugar
-⅓ cup granulated sugar (67g)
-1 large egg, room temperature
-1 tsp vanilla paste or extract
-12 marshmallows, standard size
- peanut butter chips, optional
- flaky sea salt, optional
What to do:
1. Cover a plate with parchment paper. Use a teaspoon to scoop heaping scoops of Peanut Pecan Butter onto the plate. 12 dollops total (using about ¼ cup of nut butter). Place in the freezer while preparing the dough.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
3. In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and ¾ cup nut butter, then add brown sugar and granulated sugar, beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
4. Add the egg and vanilla and mix to combine, then scrape down the sides. With the mixer on low speed, add the flour and mix until just incorporated.
5. Prepare two full sized cookie sheets with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350℉/180℃.
6. Measure out three even tablespoons of dough then flatten it out in between your palms. Place one dollop of the frozen peanut butter in the center, then add a marshmallow (on its long side) on top and gently press down.
7. Work the dough upwards and around the top of the marshmallow until it’s completely sealed. Place the dough seam side/marshmallow side down on the cookie sheet.
8. Repeat this until there are 12 cookie dough balls. Arrange the cookies, 6 on each pan, and stud each top with 4-5 peanut butter chips, if desired.
9. Bake one pan at a time for 9-11 minutes on the middle rack until the edges are set and just barely brown on the very bottom edge. Remove from the oven and use a fork to gently push the cookies into nice circles. Top with flaky salt, if desired.
10. Let cool completely on the pan before transferring to a serving platter or storage container.
Recipe adapted from @thecozyplum.