“Summer afternoon—summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language.” - Henry James
We're sadly bidding farewell to our spring Limited Batch Chile Lime Mango Peanut Butter at the end of June, so we're stocking up and taking full advantage of the bright, roasty, perfectly spicy flavor until then. These Chile Lime Mango Cookies are like your traditional PB cookie, but leveled UP—you have to taste it to believe it. Forget ice cream, because these are the perfect warm-weather dessert.
- 1/2 cup Big Spoon Roasters Chile Lime Mango Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups gluten-free flour (or all-purpose)
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tablespoons meringue powder
- 6-9 Tablespoons water
- 1-2 Tablespoons lime juice
- lime zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter, peanut butter, brown and white sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, and continue to mix until incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl throughout to ensure all ingredients are well-mixed.
- Add baking soda, baking powder and vanilla to the bowl and mix until just incorporated.
- Stir in flour until just incorporated and no streaks remain throughout the dough.
- Roll dough into rounded Tablespoon-sized balls and place 2 inches apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 6-7 minutes or until they're cooked to your liking. They should be lightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- To make icing, combine all ingredients in the clean bowl of a stand mixer and mix on high until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon onto cookies and spread with a knife.
- Sprinkle lime zest on top for additional color and flavor.
Adapted from Food.com.