- Stir together the warm milk, sugar, oil, and salt. Sprinkle yeast on top. Wait 10-15 mins and the mixture will froth. Be patient! This is worth it. If your kitchen is cold, this may take a little longer.
- Mix in flour. If the mixture is still wet, add in 1-2 tbsp of flour at a time until the dough begins to pull away from the sides of the bowl.
- Knead dough on floured surface for 5 mins, until it quickly springs back when you press with your finger.
- Mix filling ingredients. Taste-if you like it sweeter, then add some coconut sugar.
- Roll dough into a 10 x 14-inch rectangle on a floured surface.
- Spread filling onto dough, we used about 3/4 of it. Leaving a 1-inch border on the two longer sides.
- Roll into a log starting on the long side (roll it tight) and cut into 8 pieces with a serrated knife.
- Place rolls into an oiled pan and let rise for 30-45 mins (until doubled in size).
- Bake at 350F for 15-18 mins
- Drizzle with melted Theo Chocolate and enjoy!!
"Food is an important part of a balanced diet.” - Fran Lebowitz The women behind the Instagram account @wellnessoperation are two ENT doctors in Chapel Hill, NC, with a passion for wellness and evidence-based nutrition. They make healthy recipes using real ingredients and don’t shy away from taking classic indulgences in a healthier (but still incredibly delicious) direction. Recently, they posted a drool-worthy cinnamon roll recipe made with our Mission Almond Butter. We simply had to share it! From @wellnessoperation: THE RECIPE IS FINALLY HERE. Per all of your requests…these cinnamon rolls are secretly healthy with hardly any sugar and no butter…but the yeast-raised dough makes them tender and delish! These chocolate chunk banana Bread cinnamon rolls are perfect for brunch or a pre-workout snack. ???????? Working with yeast can be scary, but we promise, if you are patient and use lukewarm milk (105-110F), you won’t be disappointed! The flaky, soft dough is SO worth it. Dough: 3/4 cup New Barn almond milk, warmed to 105-110F (can sub skim milk) 1/2 tbsp coconut oil, melted 1/2 tsp salt 1 tbsp sugar (white, brown, or coconut, it is to feed the yeast) One package of active dry yeast 1.5 cups all-purpose flour King Arthur Flour Filling: 2 mashed ripe bananas 1 tbsp Big Spoon Roasters Mission Almond Butter 1 tsp cinnamon 1 packet of stevia (or sub 1 tbsp sugar) 1/4-1/2 c chocolate chips/chunks