"I'm going to live until I die, and everything in between is just another excuse to eat peanut butter." - Dana Gould
Featuring the timeless classic (and our personal favorite) flavor combo of peanut butter and chocolate, these ooey, gooey, flaky-sea-salty peanut butter blondies are a simple, delicious way to treat yourself. Swap out any of our nut butters for a tasty twist—next on our list is a variation with our Toasted Coconut Almond Butter and extra flaky, shredded coconut mixed in. Let's get baking!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Big Spoon Roasters Peanut Pecan Butter (or any Big Spoon variety of choice!)
- 1 and 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose or 1:1 gluten free flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup chocolate chunks
- Optional: Flaky sea salt to serve
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and line an 8-inch square baking tin with baking or parchment paper, ensuring two sides overhang.
- In a large mixing bowl, add melted butter. Then add peanut butter, sugar, vanilla and eggs and gently whisk together. Stir in maple syrup.
- Add flour and baking powder. Stir until smooth batter forms. Add chocolate chunks and stir again.
- Pour peanut butter blondie batter into prepared tin, smooth the top, and gently press a few additional chocolate chunks on top. Bake approximately 30 minutes or until golden on the edges and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Leave in pan to cool completely – blondies will firm up as they cool. Cut into squares to serve.
Recipe adapted from Sweetest Menu.