Is it just us or does food taste more delicious when it's this colorful? The wonderful component of this recipe is that you can add whatever vegetables and/or protein you like, and adapt your produce with the seasons. We made this version with our Fiji Ginger Almond Butter with Sea Salt. Give either a try with the full recipe below!
◦ 2 tsp olive oil
◦ 1 cup brown rice
◦ 2 cups water
◦ Pinch of salt
◦ Salt & pepper
◦ 1 tbsp olive oil
◦ Stir fry veggies -- Snap peas, red onion, broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, bell peppers
◦ Splash of coconut aminos, tamari, or soy sauce
◦ Optional: Add protein of choice - we like tofu
◦ 5 tbsp Big Spoon Roasters Fiji Ginger Almond Butter
◦ 3 tbsp coconut aminos, tamari, or soy sauce
◦ 2 tbsp warm water
◦ 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
◦ 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
◦ Juice of 1 lime
◦ Pinch of black pepper
1. Heat 2 tsp of olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the rice & stir. Continue to stir occasionally for 30 sec-1 min or until the rice is lightly toasted.
2. Add the 2 cups of water + a pinch of salt to the saucepan. Bring water to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cover & let simmer for about 30 min or until all of the water is absorbed. Let sit, stirring occasionally while you prepare the rest of the meal.
3. Mix the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl. Stir until well combined. Set aside.
4. Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
5. Cook the preferred protein until lightly browned & cooked through. Remove protein from the pan & set aside.
6. Using the same skillet over medium/high heat, add a splash of coconut aminos/tamari/soy sauce to the pan to deglaze it (this basically means picking up all of the bits of flavor sticking to the bottom of the pan from cooking the protein). Add vegetables & cook until they begin to soften, about 5-10min.
7. Add protein back in the pan & reduce heat to a simmer. Pour on the sauce & stir.
8. Once everything is thoroughly combined turn off heat.
9. Enjoy over rice!