“It is spring again. The earth is like a child that knows poems by heart.” -
Warmer weather calls for colorful meals, and we think there are few better than spring rolls with Thai peanut sauce. Our spin on the classic Asian dish celebrates the stunning flavor of fresh veggies and is packed with savory, umami flavor (and, of course, our favorite peanut butter).
- 1/2 cup of our classic Peanut Butter (or Hot Mamba for an extra kick)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, tamari, or coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2-4 teaspoons chili oil (depending on your desired spice level)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste or freshly grated ginger
- 1-3 tablespoons warm water
- Rice paper wrappers (we use 8 wrappers for approximately 4 snack-size servings)
- 6oz thin rice noodles
- Fresh veggies (this works with whatever you have on hand, but we love using crisp peppers, radishes, lettuce, bean sprouts, avocado, and/or carrots!)
- Protein of your choice (we used shrimp, but tofu, chicken, seitan, or just veggies work great)
- Tender herbs (such as mint, Thai basil)
- Prepare and season your protein to taste.
- Prepare your rice noodles according to package instructions. Drain, rinse in cold water, and set aside.
- Wash and thinly slice all veggies and set aside.
- Place your rice paper wrapper in a shallow dish of warm water to cover for about 15 seconds, or until pliable but not saturated. It will get more pliable as you fill it.
- Remove the wrapper from water and dry slightly. Place on a cutting board or plate.
- Fill your wrapper with protein, rice noodles, tender herbs and thinly sliced veggies.
- Tuck in the sides of the rice paper, then roll tightly (like a burrito!) to close.
- Mix all ingredients except water.
- Add water and mix until you achieve desired consistency.
- Serve alongside spring rolls and enjoy!