In the midst of these cooler months, nothing is more comforting than a spiced, rich curry. This one, created (and photographed) by Jasmine Comer of Lively Meals, is making its way into our weekly rotation and features one of our favorite ways to spice things up—Hot Mamba Peanut Butter!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch piece of ginger, grated
- 2-3 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup Hot Mamba Peanut Butter
- 14 ounce block of tofu, pressed (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet with high sides over medium/high heat. Add the onion and cook for 2 minutes. Then add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the ginger and red curry paste and cook until fragrant. Then add the bell peppers, broccoli, and carrots and stir. Cook for a couple more minutes.
- Pour the tamari, coconut milk and vegetable broth into the pan and bring to a simmer. Then stir in the peanut butter, followed by the tofu. Simmer for about 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Then stir in the lime juice.