PRODUCTION TEAM MEMBER
Reports to: Operations Manager
Classification: Full-time, hourly
Location: Durham, NC
ABOUT BIG SPOON ROASTERS
Big Spoon Roasters makes handcrafted nut butters and snack bars from scratch in Durham, NC. Working with only the best possible ingredients sourced directly from local and like-minded producers, we have a mission to build a healthier relationship with our planet through delicious, nutritious foods made without compromise.
Production Team Members participate in all stages of production, staging, and shipping. As with all positions at Big Spoon Roasters, the responsibilities and duties for this position evolve on a continual basis depending on the needs and growth of the company.
- Nut Butter and Bar ingredient preparation, production, and packaging
- Roasting, milling, and mixing nuts
- Following recipes and Good Manufacturing Practices established by FDA
- Recording daily batches and counting inventory
- Accurately labeling boxes and filling orders for shipping and local delivery
- Completing a thorough daily cleaning of the production space, dishes, wares, equipment, tables, and general warehouse area
- Inspecting products and notifying quality issues to operator or supervisor
- Taping, labeling, adjusting, and palletizing cases
- Facilities cleaning and recycling
- Packing product on various types of equipment
- Assisting with packing boxes for shipping / fulfillment
- Previous food production experience, preferably in an FDA-inspected facility
- Comfortable standing for long periods of time
- Able to lift 50 pounds repeatedly during an 8-hour shift
- Comfortable with repetitive motions
- Able to make note of, and follow through with, verbal instructions
- Passion for great food
- Strong attention to detail, punctuality, and dependability
- Personal integrity and kindness to others
- Exceptionally clean personal hygiene
- Dedicated shoes for production facility
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Excitement about the Big Spoon Roasters brand, values, and mission
The following list of goals must be accomplished within 3 months (90 days) of being hired. All resources necessary to accomplish these goals will be made available. If the following goals are not accomplished, a permanent position will noT be offered.
- Complete skills training checklist
- Become familiar with all aspects of order production, our products, and processes
- Become familiar with the company structure, policies, personnel, etc.
- Cross-training on Fedex/USPS, both nut butter and bar making processes, and shipping procedures
FULL-TIME EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
- Hourly wage starts at $14, with an increase upon a successful 90-day review
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Gym / Fitness / Wellness reimbursement
- Local Food CSA reimbursement (redeemed in early spring of each year)
- Matching IRA retirement plan contribution up to 3% of wages
- Quarterly profit-based bonuses
- Team Player Award, Innovation Award, and other performance-based bonuses
- One 13oz jar of Big Spoon Roasters nut butter per week
Big Spoon Roasters provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.