- 1 egg (or ¼ cup of applesauce for vegan)
- ¼ cup Big Spoon Roasters Carrot Cake Walnut Butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup cashew milk (or any dairy or non dairy milk)
- ½ cup Bobs Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar (OPTIONAL: plus some extra for coating donuts)
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- OPTIONAL: 3-4 tbsp melted butter for coating donuts (vegan butter can be substituted)
- Preheat Oven to 350 and spray donut pan to prevent sticking. Set aside.
- In a medium/small bowl combine egg (or applesauce), nut butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and milk. Note: Make sure all wet ingredients are room temp.
- In a medium/large bowl combine the rest of the ingredients minus the butter.
- Add wet to dry and mix until combined. Batter will be somewhat thick and it should be (will not be quite like cake batter).
- Place batter in a piping bag or a ziploc bag with the tip cut off (I find this to be the easiest way to fill the donut pan). Pipe into the donut pan filling it about ⅔ of the way up.
- Pop pan into oven and bake about 10-15 minutes or until cooked through. You can also pull it out after 10 minutes and flip the donuts over if you choose just to get similar textures on boths sides.
- Once baking is finished, melt butter, brush on all sides of donut and the toss in coconut sugar until covered well. Enjoy!
← Older Post
Newer Post →