Cooking and baking is both physical and mental therapy. - Mary Berry More time at home, for many folks out there, has meant more time for baking! We've been using this time to perfect our favorite banana bread recipe. We love how this gluten free, dairy free recipe has the perfect texture: moist without being dense and fluffy without being dry. Even better, it requires only one bowl to make and is easy enough for the novice baker! Top with our Peanut Pecan Butter & Potlicker Kitchen Pear Ginger Jam for a dreamy breakfast!
- 2 to 3 very ripe bananas mashed
- 1/3 cup melted unsalted butter, dairy-free use non-dairy butter or coconut oil (We used Miyoko's Cultured Vegan Butter)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour (We used Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Optional: 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350° F.
Grease loaf pan with your butter of choice or coconut oil.
In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas until smooth.
Add the baking soda to the mashed bananas.
Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
Stir in the coconut sugar, salt, eggs, and pure vanilla extract.
Mix in the gluten-free flour.
- Stir in chocolate chips if using.
Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan.
Bake on the center rack for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Slice and top with Peanut Pecan Butter & Potlicker Kitchen Pear Ginger Jam. Enjoy!