Check out this recipe for Gluten-Free Brown Butter Rice Crispy Treats with Pistachio Crunch, inspired by Bon Appetit Magazine.
Here’s what you’ll need: - 1 stick unsalted butter
- 10oz bag mini marshmallows
- ¼ cup Big Spoon Roasters Pistachio Crunch Almond Butter
- 5 cups gluten-free brown rice cereal
- ¼ cup pistachios
- ½ cup chocolate
1. Line an 8x8” metal or glass baking pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on 2 sides.
2. Melt ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces, in a large Dutch oven or other heavy pot over medium. Cook, stirring constantly with a heatproof rubber spatula, until mixture turns dark nut brown, about 4 minutes.
3. Add one 10oz bag of mini marshmallows and cook, stirring vigorously, until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth (about 2 minutes). Add ¼ cup Pistachio Crunch Almond Butter and stir until incorporated. Remove from heat.
4. Fold 5 cups puffed rice cereal into marshmallow mixture, scraping bottom of pot, until combined and cereal is coated. Scrape mixture into prepared pan, gently press into corners, and smooth top. For the best texture, try to avoid compacting mixture.
5. Melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second increments, stirring after each one. The chocolate is done when it’s about 90% melted—keep stirring off the heat and the pieces should completely dissolve. (Alternately, you can choose to melt it in a heat-proof bowl set over a saucepan of gently simmering water.)
6. Toast pistachios on the stovetop over medium heat for about 3 minutes. Toss occasionally.
7. Sprinkle the bars with toasted pistachios and drizzle with melted chocolate. Cover loosely with foil and let sit at room temperature until set, at least 2 hours.
8. Uncover and lift out of pan using parchment overhang. Peel away parchment; cut treats into 16 bars.