Interested in adding spice, plant-based protein, and healthy fats to your noodle routine?
Try this vegan recipe for Hot Mamba Peanut Butter Noodles, inspired by a @HettyMcKinnon recipe for @BonAppetitMag!
Here’s what you’ll need to recreate it: - 8 oz. dried brown rice udon noodles
- Kosher salt
- ¼ cup Big Spoon Roasters Hot Mamba Peanut Butter
- 1 Tbsp. unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tsp. hot water
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 2 small Persian cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 scallion, chopped
Instructions: 1. Cook noodles in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender (consult the instructions on the noodle box or bag!) Drain and rinse under cold running water; set aside.
2. Whisk Hot Mamba Peanut Butter, vinegar, maple syrup, soy sauce, garlic, and ¼ cup warm water in a large bowl until smooth. The finished dressing should be the consistency of heavy cream; if too thick, add a little more water as needed. Season with salt and pepper.
3. If the noodles stick together, rinse them briefly to separate; drain well.
4. Transfer the noodles to a bowl with dressing and toss to coat. Add cucumbers and scallions and season well with salt and pepper.
5. Divide noodles among bowls; top with peanuts and drizzle with oil.