Picture it—you're reclined on a chaise lounge on your back porch, soaking up a lazy Sunday, dog curled up and snuggling next to you. You catch a whiff of nutty, sweet muffins, hot from the oven, floating through the window. You treat yourself to one, torn in half and topped with an indulgent spread of your favorite nut butter. Your Sunday is perfect.
This could be your reality—all you need is a couple pantry staples and your favorite jar of Big Spoon nut butter. These vegan muffins, adapted from our friends, Chocolate Covered Katie, come together in just a few minutes, using one bowl, so you can make the most of your day. Plus, they're SO customizable—just swap your favorite nut butter in the batter and spread on top!
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour (blended oats)
- 3/4 cup plant milk
- 1/4 cup any Big Spoon nut butter
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- chocolate chips (optional)
- nut butter for topping
- Preheat over to 350 degreed Fahrenheit.
- Mix all ingredients until a smooth batter forms.
- Equally distribute batter into greased muffin tins (should make 9-10 muffins).
- Bake on center rack for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool, top with a smear of your favorite nut butter, and enjoy!
We're loving this recipe with Cashew Butter in the batter, topped with a smear of Chocolate Sea Salt Almond Butter or Peanut Pecan Butter with Wildflower Honey, but trust us—there's no way to go wrong, no matter the variety!